Friday 20 January 2017

PIXI SKINTREATS: PIXI GLOW TONIC AND OVERNIGHT GLOW SERUM REVIEW




So sorry dear readers for being MIA for a good few months. I've been away in September for a short holiday with hubby dearest and i got lazy till December. Not only that, i had a terrible acne breakout all over my face i think it was due to trying out a few local skincare products and the fact that my soy intake was high. Some people are fine with soy products but me...I stopped taking soy products (except Tempe which is fermented and good for your gut flora) and my pimples a.k.a. raging acne came down quite a lot.

Oh boy...do I have some story telling to do today. I started getting acne along the jawline and i thought why not change to some local skincare products..loads of Facebook pictures of fair complected flawless people as testimonies and quick results. Who wouldn't want that right? Yes i hopped on the bandwagon alright, and I regret every bit of it. So i bought a set (I'm not naming any products as i don't want to name shame. Others seem to be doing well with it), and upon cleansing, my face felt taut and uncomfortable, I used the day cream which the sales person said acted as a moisturizer and foundation all in one...whoot whoot..awesome right? NOPE...it was not awesome what so ever. Not only did it fail miserably in moisturizing my face it was a terrible color match as a foundation. It melted as i sweat. it looked cakey when my natural face oils came out. I looked like a hot mess! ( And i do not mean the pretty kinda HOT). Night time came and i cleansed again with the cleanser. My face tight again, then came the night cream which smelt like toothpaste. It was cooling yes..it didn't sting..yes. but it was not moisturizing what so ever. I felt miserable,

So 2 weeks went by,  my acne subsided somewhat. but i hated the feel of my skin. The acne became black spots! The acne that didn't erupt or came to a head stayed inside and looked all painful and the skin became blackened. Oh my..what have i gotten myself into. I tried for a few more days and then thought.. that's it! I've had enough.

I stopped and at that time Sephora Malaysia online website had some new arrivals. The Pixi skintreats were available online! I quickly did some homework on the whole line a.k.a. stalk online blog reviews and makeupalley reviews. Made my first Pixi Skintreat purchase which only consisted of two most raved about items which were the Pixi Glow Tonic and the Pixi Overnight glow Serum. I have to tell you, these two started my journey to better skin. But mind you, this brand is almost completely sold out as i write this post. I do hope they stock up soon and bring some other Pixi products in too! So lets get into some of the Pixi products i fell head over heels for. I think i have used it for almost two months to have a somewhat opinion on these lovelies.





Pixi Glow Tonic

This Glow Tonic is basically a gently exfoliating toner which gives your skin a brighter and clearer look by removing dead skin cells to reveal healthy glowing skin and refine the texture of your skin. The formula is made with botanical extracts some of which are aloe vera and ginseng to soothe sensitive skin. Its hypoallergenic and ideal for all skin types.

It also contains 5% glycolic acid. 5% which may not sound like much but i guess i wouldn't want my toner to be any more acidic than that. I prefer a gentle exfoliating toner to softly slough off the dead skin and remove any remaining traces of makeup or sunscreen. A bonus point would be that it's paraben free and it is not tested on animals. Yeay for that!

How i use this is i take one cotton pad and place two drops of this magical tonic concoction and swipe it all over my face and neck. I find that after doing so i see results almost instantly..i mean..at first i couldn't believe my eyes but paired with the overnight glow serum..the next day my skin looked much healthier. And after almost 2 months wearing this I'm a true believer of this miracle product. I use this once in the morning and once at night after cleansing and before i put on serums and moisturizer.

I've only gone through slightly over a quarter of the contents of a 250ml bottle but my skin looks as if i've been doing something right for years. I can't wait for the results of using this for a year. I wonder if one year later i would still be raving about this as much as i am right this
moment. hhmmmm?






Pixi Overnight Glow Serum

This serum gently exfoliates to reveal a healthier and more even skin tone. It helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and fades superficial sun damage over time (thats what the box says at least). What i say is that it is unicorn tears in a bottle!! hehe..I'm kidding..

This stuff is pretty potent. There isn't a particular smell to it. It's clear and thick. I find it pretty hard to dispense using the dropper/pipette though. I find it easier to swipe it at the back of my clean washed hand and then spread it on my face. A little goes a loong way. If you put too much..it gets pretty sticky. If there was one thing Pixi should improve is the method of dispensing this gem of a serum... but please do not change the serum itself. Its fine the way it is.

This serum contains Glycolic acid 10% to stimulate cell turover, aloe vera to heal and soothe and cucumber to calm and relieve puffy skin. Tick tick tick. I find this product does not irritate my skin that has gone through a lot lately. I have less congested skin and clogged pores and my skin feels smoother and brighter. But i do go on top of this serum with a night time moisturizer. A point i must add is that with all these acids going on at night, be sure to slap on some high SPF sunscreen in the AM ok. You don't want your skin to get sun damage and sun pots now do you. I usually use a 45 to 50 SPF in the AM.

It says on the box to use it in the PM as needed. Massage 2-3 drops (which was difficult to do) onto cleansed, toned skin before moisturizer. And that's what i follow.

There are a few more items which have made my skin sooo much better but i want to keep that one in a separate blog post as that particular product actually lightened my scars. I could confidently say as much as 70% lightened in just 2 weeks! I'm not joking and I would never lie about expensive stuff..hahha..because i wouldnt want to invest in this again unless it actually works. By the way..I have never been sponsored to say anything. This blog is somewhat my personal skin diary. Enough spoiler for this time and lets just wait for the next blog post.

Verdict:

I have this fear in my mind that by the time I've gone through the last drop in these two bottles.. Sephora has yet to restock them and i have to find other ways of getting these back in my life again. I feel like crying just thinking about it...booohooo. Even worse would be the thought that Sephora restocked the Pixi line but i was not fast enough to snap them up. Wouldnt that be a total nightmare!

I'm pretty happy with my skincare right now and would like to see further improvements with the aid of these products. I would rate these items 9/10 each, 1 point deducted for availability of the item in Malaysia and another point deducted for the somewhat iffy dropper in the serum bottle.

Pixi Glow Tonic 140ml: RM140 
http://www.sephora.my/products/pixi-glow-tonic/v/250-ml

Pixi Overnight Serum 30ml: RM121
http://www.sephora.my/products/pixi-overnight-glow-serum

Till the next blog post Lovelies.







No comments:

Post a Comment