Thursday 9 November 2017

Super Luxurious Chanel Sublimage Le Teint Ultimate Radiance-Generating Cream Foundation


Chanel Sublimage Le Teint Ultimate Radiance-Generating Cream Foundation

Hold up. Could we be more boujee@lux than this? Yes we could. Ha Ha. But this is my dream come true. I've been eyeing this foundation for months ever since it launched in Malaysia. Fast forward after numerous foundation purchases later, (whoops) I still craved for this, regretting most of my other purchases and how the cost of those foundations could have gotten me this gem right here. I searched high and low on the internet on reviews, swatches and first impressions of this foundation but there weren't many. (Kept on replaying Tati and Jefree Star's vid mind you).

A while back, I was given a generous 5ml sample of this foundation from my favorite sales assistant Miko from Chanel Sunway Pyramid to try out. (Now u see why I keep going back to her every time i want to purchase a Chanel product). I also believe that samples are so important when trying out such expensive skincare or makeup so that you have a chance to see through a course of a few days how the products fair with your skin color and type. I was on the fence about it at first. First off, the PRICE, it was ridiculous! RM475... tears rolling down my cheeks as I type this...really. Secondly, It was 30ml. Other foundations have the same amount if not more with a much cheaper price tag. Third of all, the color match. I was given a sample of this foundation in the shade B20 (samples only come in the shades B20 and B30). Although I could pull B20 off anytime and upon first application it matched me to a T, throughout the course of the day, it oxidized just a smidge on me. Furthermore I would like something more brightening.

According to the description of this foundation on the Chanel website, the Sublimage Le Teint is an ultimate radiance-generating cream foundation for a sublime experience of light day after day. Extremely Sensorial, its luscious and lightweight cream emulsion offers a second skin sensation. The complexion is even and radiant with vitality. Skin is incredibly soft, supple and moisturized. Adjustable coverage: light to medium and is suitable for all skin types.

How the Chanel website explains the application of this foundation is to apply the Sublimage Le Teint foundation with the spatula, dabbing a small amount onto each cheek the forehead and chin. For a precise natural makeup result, spread the texture from the middle of the face outwards with a dedicated brush.

The Sublimage Le Teint consists of intense vanilla planifollia water which delivers strength and vitality to the skin, while preserving its quality. Diamond powder encapsulated in silicon beads and combined with synthetic mice reflects light in a spectacular way and offers incomparable radiance. There is also a cocktail of three plant-origin ingredients: glycerin, biosaccharide and phytosqualane for 12-hour hydration and long-lasting comfort.

Here are some of the pictures I took of this luxurious cream foundation. My full review comes after you feast your eyes on these pictures.

Just the colors of the packaging are enough to lure you in!


It doesn't look like a tonne of product but its going to last me awhile as a little goes a long way.


A heavy swatch of B10 / 10 Beige (i usually use half of this for my whole face!)


Left: 20 Beige 
Right: 10 Beige
(heavy swatches)


Lux heavy glass jar


A decent deluxe sized sample of the 20 Beige which i have to blame for why i fell in love with this foundation in the first place.


A few more skincare samples which could potentially get me into more trouble with my "Banker"..a.k.a Hubs dearest.


Now on to the review!

COLOR/ SHADE MATCH:
I originally received the 20 Beige and could definitely pull it off, but I went for the 10 beige for a more brightening effect. I guess if I wanted a slightly tanned look I could probably mix with some pigments or a darker foundation. For a tad warmer color, i like to mix it with a wee bit of sample of the 20 beige.

TEXTURE: 
Its not your typical heavy oily cream foundation (which I thought it would be initially but boy was I wrong). It has me mind boggled as it has a gel like creamy feel to it and glides so well on the prepped skin. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and some dryer patches, acne prone skin, acne scarring and large pores. So far as I can see, the texture of this foundation glides over all those areas with no problem not even on the dryer areas. Doesn't make me oily and after finishing up a whole 5 ml sample of it, has not caused me to break out. Yeay!

COVERAGE:
Its light to medium coverage true to Chanels claim. I like a light foundation base and spot conceal the problematic areas for a truly skin-like finish. Because it has a cream-gel like texture, it never ever gets cakey even if i powder my whole face with the Chanel loose powder.I am super surprised that it does not pool in pores even after a full days wear and in the heat of our wonderful Malaysian  weather. Even on rainy days it doesn't melt.

SMELL: 
Smells pleasant and light, not too over powering but enough to make me feel delighted. It smells expensive..I just couldnt explain this further. haha.

PACKAGING:
The packaging...oh...the packaging. I hate to break it to you but I wish that It wasnt in a jar for hygiene reasons. Not that i dont love the aesthetics of this super lux heavy glass jar, but its pretty fiddly opening up scooping it out..making sure the spatula is clean and closing back the lid. Its a fuss and a half. But the product itself makes me over look the troubles i have with the packaging! teehee... furthermore, I also dont think that it would pump out of a pump well because of the thicker texture.
But I think this would be pretty hard to travel with and i am so afraid of this dropping on the floor! *gasp!*

LONGEVITY:
Well what can i say, even on my oily combination skin, it stayed put throughout the day! Does not melt on me even if i sweat. It looks even more radiant after a while. I could say that this foundation last through my 7-12 hours of wear depending on how long I want my makeup on. It feels so comfortable and light as air. As if I am not wearing any foundation..and I am not afraid for people to come up close and talk to me as there is literally no cake face! It smooths over my lines and does not enhance them. My qualm is that, It contains no SPF (which I know some of you like and is great for photography). But, It also has skincare benefits which i wonder if I put my SPF under, will it penetrate that layer to still give me the benefits that it claims to give? I dont know, but without SPF on, I feel that after a whole day of wearing it, when i remove the foundation, my skin is still very soft and radiant. Hurmm..must be doing something special then am I right?

PRICE:
CRY CRY CRY....yes..and CRY again. It took me a while to muster up the notion of even attempting to get it because of the price point. Before I took the leap, I bought a few other foundations in between.. some of which I regret. If you count all the foundations cost..i would have gotten this luxurious foundation faster. haha. Its a WHOPPING RM475. which comes down to almost RM16 per gram. Eyes popping out already? yup..thats right...you saw correctly. But am i happy with the purchase? YES! No regrets.


Overall I give this foundation a 9/10 (minus 1 mark for the horrendous price tag).

Hope you loved this review as much as I loved writing it. Till next time! LOVE HUGS and TOODLEDOOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment