Tuesday 16 February 2016

CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation SPF25/PA++



Good morning lovelies! Rise and shine.. what a lovely day to review a new Chanel foundation, The latest addition to the Les Beiges family. The ever so famous Les Beiges yearly collections are something to keep an eye out for. Usually the collection consists of lip gloss, some les beiges limited addition specialty powders and some color sticks for cheeks and nail polish. This year, they came out with a foundation. Something that is similar to their famous les beiges fluid, but with more coverage and wider color range. But still not wide enough i think.


Here is a sample of the Les Beiges Healthy Glow foundation. I was given the shade No.20 as that was the only sample color available in Malaysia as i was told by the SA. Even though the samples only come in no.20, you can go in stores to get youself color matched as i was informed by the lovely SA Miko that the range comes in 9 different colors! 



The ingredients on the back of the sample sachet is pretty extensive. Mind you, the foundation has SPF25 which is really never enough in this hot humid Malaysian weather. You should always put on a separate sunscreen beforehand. I forgot to mention, I got an email from Chanel Malaysia to redeem my sample kit from the nearest Chanel counter and my favourite counter happens to be at Chanel stand alone store at Sunway Pyramid. I have always found the service there to be tip top and the 
SA there namely Miko, Genie and Gabby are always happy to entertain even with my kids running around here and there.

This a tiny squeeze of the sachet and the left side is more of a swatch lightly blended out. As you can see, no.20 Les Beiges healthy Glow foundation comes off slightly pink undertoned. The coverage is pretty opaque but is not considered full coverage to me. I think its more of a light to medium coverage at best.

From top to bottom; 1)Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet B10, 2) Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation No.20, 3) Chanel CC cream SPF30 B20, 4) Chanel Vitalumiere Hydra Moist Radiance Emulsion Compact SPF15/PA++ 20 beige

My Experience:
I put on the foundation at 10.00am with fingers. Upon application, my skin felt smooth and surprisingly my skin felt firm. It didn't feel heavy even though the foundation had a creamy texture leaning on the thicker side. Off the bat...color match was ok i guess. i would have loved for a yellow undertone but unfortunately this foundation in no.20 comes off slightly pink under toned. One thing i must say is that it does nothing for my pores. I suggest you use a pore filler for those who have larger pores. As for dry flaky bits on my nose (acne clearing up)..what can i say..it remained flaky looking. it didn't mask it or enhance it, which was a good thing. Upon application, i set it with my by Terry Hyaluronic Hydra powder in patting motions. I didnt put on a primer but i did use my Shiseido sunscreen.

3.00pm update (5 hours in):
There was a little shine on my forehead, tip of my nose and chin as well as my cheek area...more like a glow at this stage. Nothing too drastic. My face didn't feel oily to the touch. As for the coverage, everything remained the same and no caking up of the foundation on my trouble spots like around my nose. There were no additional creasing around my eye area or smile lines, but it did bunch up a little on areas where my glasses sit on the bridge of my nose. Blush was still there and didnt become patchy.

Verdict:
At the end of the day not much difference. Looks like a good skin day and not caked up foundation. So far, I'm loving the texture of my skin with this foundation on. Would love to purchase a full size bottle soon. If you're wondering, I have combination oily skin with some dryness and this foundation faired pretty well. All in all, I'm a happy camper ;)

*Currently available at all Chanel counters and stores. Price: RM200. Pretty reasonable as i see my samples lasting me awhile.





No comments:

Post a Comment