Friday 5 August 2016

Current Favourite Foundation Routine.

So sorry for not updating this blog often enough. Its been a hectic few months and didn't have the time to play around with much makeup. Never the less, I'm back with a vengeance! Lets cut the chitty chatty short and get straight to the point. I have three favorite combinations to share.

These past few months, I've been reaching more and more for my trusty Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation SPF 25/PA++ paired with the Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder. The foundation is in No.20 while the loose powder is in 20 Clair - Translucent 1. I find that these two work the best together and they last the whole day with minimal blotting and touch ups. My foundation still looks good by the end of the day. In humid hot sticky Malaysian weather, that says a lot. This foundation gives me light to medium coverage and makes my skin look amazing. Doesn't look cakey in anyway even though I'm the type who piles on the loose powder. You see, the foundation doesn't act like a traditional foundation. Rather, it acts more like a BB or CC cream. In fact, I like it better than Chanel's CC cream which i have it in both old and new versions.



Another combination that I'm drawn towards are my Guerlain Super Aqua BB cream in Light and the same Chanel Loose powder. This is especially for days that I'm not going out for long and just need minimal coverage to look decent and put together. What I like most about the GSABB is that it is 80% skincare benefits and 20 % makeup. I don't use a primer beforehand as i feel that it defeat the purpose of purchasing it for its skincare benefits. This BB cream does not last particularly long on my combination skin. What i do like about it is that it doesn't go all oily on me but fades out evenly at the end of the day without looking cakey and patchy. I do though have to set it with loose powder as my skin would look horrendously shiny. I love the color too as it it doesn't lean too yellow nor pink. Just right i guess.




The third latest combination favorite would be the Sephora Teint Infusion Ethereal Natural Finish Foundation in 20 Cream paired with NARS Loose powder in Eden. OMG! What can I say? This combination is heavenly! The texture of the foundation is super watery borderline oily feeling. But this really smooths out my skin, feel so light i forget I'm wearing foundation and it never gets cakey. BUT.... It has to be paired with the NARS loose powder to achieve the holy grail status. If I had paired it with the Chanel Loose Powder, it would not achieve the same effect. With the NARS loose powder, pores look minimized, my skin doesn't get oily as fast, evens out the skin tone, and adds some coverage. What can I say? I'm in LOVE!




There you go! Those are my current faves. They work the best for me. But as usual I'm always out and about trying new makeup stuff. In a few months or maybe even weeks, this may change up. so keep tuned. Lots of LOVE..Chepah.

No comments:

Post a Comment