Thursday 24 March 2016

Making foundation thats lighter than your skintone match

I've been having trouble with making my foundation match. There are just so many stuff in my makeup vault that are either too dark or too light..be it loose powder, liquid foundation or powder foundation. Some have been sitting in my vault in good condition but totally unloved.


See what i mean about the ompa-loompa color?!

After playing around a bit with what i have, i decided to whip out my unloved and lonely NARS loose powder in eden. When i bought it a year or so ago, i didnt dare buy the loose powder in Snow..afraid of looking like a ghost. So i bought it in Eden. From online swatches, the color looks more on the yellow side. Bought it...got home..opened and poofff.. out comes orange colored powder. The true ompa-loompa type of orange if you get what i mean. Tried it with loads of my right foundations only to come out looking orange. So, off it goes to the back of my drawer.




Recently, i bought a Guerlain lingerie de peau foundation in 31 pale amber. 32 was the one i initially bought and returned to sephora because it was too dark and orange (according to a Guerlain sales girl, it was old stock and had oxidised causing it to be darker than it originally was). I was afraid to pick another dark foundation so i pick the lighter of the two yellow based foundations. 02 was too pink on me you see..

Got home..slapped it on ma face...looks ok. But a tad light. But the finish on this foundation is oh sooo gorgeous. Nothing like i've experienced before.  Tried my other loose powders but it all ended looking even paler than before.

Enter Nars Loose Powder in EDEN!..
Finally...my skin looked perfected. The shade just right. ALHAMDULILLAH... takde la membazir duit..ada jugak gunanya.

Pat on the back for me for finally finding a use for my Nars loose powder. I love the finish of this powder. But because this foundation was light...it did not cake up with this powder. Looked smooth and even.

Now all is good in makeup world. Do you have a foundation or base that does not suit your skintone? Why not mix and match with something lighter or darker. Who knows..it just might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment